Thursday, August 04, 2005

"DUSTING THE RIDGELINE"- STEP 2


In this next step I have added more detail with a number 1 bristle brush. I'm just starting to like the richness of the deep burnt umber shadows against the ochre with red added in places on the foreground of the main peak on the left. I also moved some things slightly and may do some more moving in the next step. The snow is beginning to take shape and is many different colors depending on what it is reflecting. I've barely begun the detail of the Beechcraft Staggerwing but have warmed it up a bit with some yellow in the lightest white areas on the plane. I did a bit of work on the sky with a half inch wide filbert to make it look more like the original. There is still a lot to be done.

2 comments:

Q said...

Good to see you painting again, and this time for your friend! The mountains really are taking in shapes, and they look great already. Keep it up man!

Tim said...

that is incredible