Saturday, October 01, 2005

ANOTHER DAY IN THE PARK


Today began fleet week here in San Diego and the parade of ships kicked off the festivities. This is the USS Ronald Reagan going by behind my paintings. It is the most sophisticated ship on the planet and this photo just doesn't do it justice. IT IS HUGE!!! The little specks along the top edge are thousands of sailors lined up shoulder to shoulder around the flight deck. There were fly bys by all of the local Naval aircraft including some impressive Hornet formations and a four man Seal team hanging from a helicopter on a rope. They even launched a hover craft out the back of an LSE and drove/flew it all over the harbor. It was an awesome display though I'm sure they used more fuel in a couple of hours than I will in my whole lifetime.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish i was there

Canadian Mark said...

Wow, I think it's nearly been an age since I've been by. Good to see you've been keeping busy. I've scrolled down quite a bit before coming back up here to comment.

I really like the way your blog has developed a more personal aspect since the 5x7 postcard days. Don't get me wrong, the art is always fantastic, but it's great to hear what's going on around you as well. You know, "tally me banana" and all that... :o)

Any-hoo, I've had a good visit and I like your picture of the big boat.

Q said...

I wish I were there - looking at one of the largest US miltary equipments, while looking at your pictures.

As a military fan, it isn't completely boring at the English countryside all the time; there were some RAF training a few days ago - it's quite a sight to see some fighter jets to fly very low altitude!

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Loss+tenuate+weight http://www.buy-timeshare.info/Timeshare.html paul lauzier scholarship foundation Hardcore black gay cartoon Ac tv impotence

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. Handicapped appliances North carolina honeymoons in europe boating saftey courses buffalo ny